By receiving an instant rebate, I confirm that:
- I am a Clark Public Utilities Customer.
- I own the home where the thermostat is installed, or if I am a tenant, I have permission from the property owner to install the thermostat.
- I will install the thermostat at the service address indicated in the program survey (pop-up screen prior to checkout).
- I do NOT have any of the following as the primary heat source for my home: ductless heat pump, electric resistance baseboard, in-wall heaters, cable ceiling heat, gas/propane/oil furnace, or a dual fuel system (e.g., heat pump with a natural gas, propane, or oil furnace back-up). If your home is heated with a natural gas furnace you may qualify for a rebate through Energy Trust.
- I have completed the Compatibility Checker (linked to on the main page) to ensure the thermostat will work with my HVAC system. Smart thermostats are not recommended to control variable speed heat pump systems.
- The thermostat is replacing a thermostat that does not currently have occupancy sensing.
- I will set the thermostat to reflect the local geographic area where it has been installed, the occupancy detection will been set to “On”, and if the smart thermostat controls a heat pump, the thermostat will be programmed to control a heat pump.
- One smart thermostat per system with a limit of two per home.
- The customer authorizes the utility to utilize billing data for energy savings analysis. With this authorization, the utility may also release up to two years pre-installation and up to two years, post-installation of the customer’s billing information to Bonneville Power Administration and other third parties in order to perform energy savings analysis. The customer also hereby releases the utility from any and all liability arising from or connected with the release of this information.
- Clark Public Utilities is not responsible for installation or any damages caused due to the installation of the thermostat. Clark Public Utilities recommends hiring a licensed HVAC contractor for installation to avoid damage to the thermostat or the HVAC system.
Please allow 1-2 weeks for your thermostat to arrive after your order is completed. If products are on backorder, General Pacific Inc. will provide you with an estimated ship date for the backordered products. You can modify, cancel or receive updates on your order by calling 503-907-2901 or [email protected]
Clark Public Utilities is not responsible for repairing or replacing a thermostat that has failed or is defective and is unable to assist with warranty claims. Please contact the manufacturer directly for warranty terms and instructions. If the thermostat is damaged during shipping please contact General Pacific, Inc. at 503-907-2901 or [email protected].
If you have a thermostat that you wish to return for reasons other than a failed or defective product, please contact General Pacific, Inc. at 503-907-2901 or [email protected]. The returned thermostat must be unopened and must be returned within 30 days of the order date. It is up to the customer to package the return in a way so it arrives safely and you may want to insure the product you are returning with the shipping company. The consumer is responsible for any shipping charges incurred in returning the product.
P.O. Box 70
Fairview, OR 97024
Information we collect and how we use it
We offer a number of websites, such as this one, that collect information from the users in order to customize their browsing experiences. In order to do this, we may collect the following types of information:
- Information you provide – When you place an order for products, you will be prompted for your name, address, phone number, email address, shipping information and credit card data. This data is used to ensure proper processing of you order and to notify you of order confirmation and shipments. This information can also be used to obtain subsidized product rebates and funds on your behalf.
- Cookies – When you visit GP Conservation, we send one or more cookies – a small text file containing bits of information – to your computer or other browsing device that uniquely identifies your browsing session. We use these cookies to improve our customer service by storing user preferences to customize your browsing experience.
- Log Information – When you access any GP Conservation services, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language and the date/time of your request.
- Providing a customized browsing experience to each user
- Auditing, research and analysis in order to maintain and improve our services
- Ensuring the technical functionality of our network
- Processing and shipping of customer orders
GP Conservation takes all appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. This includes internal reviews of our data collection and storage procedures, as well as our processing practices and security measures. Physical security measures are also maintained to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data.
GP Conservation restricts internal access to personal information to employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our services. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
P.O. Box 70
Fairview, OR 97024